Ordering a Medical ID
How do I order?
How do I choose my medical ID?
How long does it take to get my medical ID?
What shipping options do you offer?
Does Universal Medical ID ship outside the United States?
What is the Universal Medical ID Return Policy?
What is the Universal Medical ID Product Warranty?
Oops, I made a mistake, may I change my order?
May I order a medical ID for a friend or family member?
Why does Universal Medical ID need to know whether the medical ID is for a male or female?
How do I know what size bracelet to order?
What is the Customer Satisfaction Policy?
How may I check the status of my order?
How do I properly care for my medical ID?
- How do I order?
Identify the product you wish to purchase, and add it to your shopping cart. You will then be asked to make engraving selections for your medical ID. Finally, you will need to complete the shipping and payment information. Online purchases can be paid for with any major credit card.
If you prefer, you may print an order form. Select the order form that features the product you wish to purchase, complete the product selection box, engraving information, shipping instructions and payment information. Payment can be made with a major credit card. Fax the completed order form to 713-695-7358.
Print an order form. Select the order form that features the product you wish to purchase, complete the product selection box, engraving information, shipping instructions and payment information. Payment can be made with a personal check, money order or major credit card. Mail your completed form to:
Universal Medical ID
Unit 1, Kenneth Way, Wilstead Industrial Park,
Bedford, MK45 3PD,United Kingdom
Telephone: Call our toll-free number, 800.055.6504 between the hours of 8am and 5pm GMT and place your order with one of our Customer Service Representatives. Phone orders require payment with a major credit card. COD orders are not accepted.
- How do I choose my medical ID?
- Visit our Tips for Choosing a Medical ID page for helpful information on what to consider when choosing an ID.
- How long does it take to get my medical ID?
- Your medical ID is gently handled by many of our staff to ensure quality and correct engraving. Typically orders are shipped the next business day from the date in which you place your order. Transit time will depend on the Ship method you select. See Ship Options below.
- What shipping options do you offer?
- Standard Ground delivery normally 3-7 business days
Expedited normally 2-4 business days
Next Day 1 business day
- Does Universal Medical ID ship outside the UK?
- Yes, but there may be additional shipping charges. Call for pricing.
- What is the Universal Medical ID Return Policy?
Because your medical ID is personally engraved and cannot be re-used, we cannot accept returns on personalised items. For returns on non-personalised items, please contact our Customer Service Department at 0800 055 6504 to obtain a Return Authorization number.
- Engraved items are non-returnable and non-refundable
- USB and silicone items are non-returnable and non-refundable
- Non-personalised items must be new and unworn
- Shipping, handling, and processing fees are non-refundable
- The customer is responsible for all return shipping expenses
- All refunds for non-personalised items will be processed within 15 business days via the original method of payment
- Refunds totaling £10 or under will be issued as store credit unless originating payment method was by credit card or other electronic form of payment (Google / PayPal / etc)
For returns or exchanges of non-personalised items, please enclose your merchandise in a padded envelope and ship insured to:
Attn: Returns, Universal Medical ID UK Unit 1 Kenneth Way Wilstead Industrial Park Bedford MK45 3DP
Please include your Return Authorization number on the outside of the package. We are not responsible for damages or losses incurred during transit. For your protection, please ship insured.
- What is the Universal Medical ID Product Warranty?
All IDs, chains, and attachments are warranted against defects in material or workmanship for 90 days from the date of purchase. Upon receipt, please carefully inspect your purchase for errors or defects. This warranty does not cover:
- Normal wear such as scratching, dents, or tarnishing of the ID, chain and attachments
- Damage resulting from misuse, accidental handling, or exposure to corrosive substances
- Loss of any kind
- Repairs by anyone other than Universal Medical ID
- Changes in engraving information (unless Healthcare Professional Warranty is redeemed.)
- Oops, I made a mistake, may I change my order?
- Your order is extremely important to us, so we process it as quickly as possible. Standard orders will be processed within 7 days, therefore we will not be able to make changes once you have placed your order. Please review order details carefully before submitting.
- May I order a medical ID for a friend or family member?
- Yes, we encourage you to know everything that should be engraved for your loved one. If you are unsure, purchase an Universal Medical ID Gift Card instead.
- Why does Universal Medical ID need to know whether the medical ID is for a male or female?
- We ask if you are male or female to determine your medical ID's plate size and chain length. If you do not specify a chain length in your order, we send the average chain length according to your gender. The plates on our bracelets are different sizes according to your gender. If you would like a different size plate, please call a Customer Service Representative at 0800 055 6504.
- How do I know what size bracelet to order?
- Measure your wrist and add 1cm to 2cm to that measurement.
- What is the Customer Satisfaction Policy?
- At Universal Medical ID we take great pride in creating personalised medical identification jewellery. From the time an order is placed, to when it arrives at your home, we want to ensure you are satisfied with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied with your merchandise, you may return or exchange it in accordance of our Return Policy.
- How may I check the status of my order?
- To check the status of your order, you can contact us here or call a Customer Service Representative at 0800 055 6504 between the hours of 8am and 5pm GMT.
- How do I properly care for my medical ID?
- TITANIUM is hypoallergenic. To preserve your medical ID’s appearance and minimise scratching, gently clean with a non-abrasive soap or cleanser and water. Dry completely with a soft cloth. Store your titanium medical ID in a soft cloth or bag. Remove your medical ID when working with metal polishers or scrubbing soap. Heavy physical activity may make your medical ID vulnerable to scratching. Consider wearing one of our stainless steel bracelets or necklaces while outdoors.
STAINLESS STEEL Bracelets: Only the Curb chain is adjustable, allowing you to tailor the chain’s length to your wrist. Your medical ID bracelet should be worn firmly, yet comfortably. A firm fit will preserve the engraving. If you chose a Sister Hook clasp, it opens to a “V” by pulling its jaws out and apart. Attach the open clasp to the link to ensure the most comfortable fit on your wrist. To remove excess links, open the unneeded link with pliers by twisting open or cutting away the first unneeded link. Necklaces: If the necklace chain is too short, contact us and we will send a longer chain.
GOLD AND ROLLED-GOLD metals will tarnish when exposed to acidic skin or air. A treated polishing cloth will discourage tarnishing. When storing jewellery, do not mix gold and silver. At a minimum, separate the metals by compartments. Guard your medical ID when using household cleaners, especially those containing ammonia or chlorine. Heavy physical activity may make your medical ID vulnerable to scratching. Consider wearing one of our stainless steel bracelets or necklaces while outdoors.
STERLING SILVER A treated polishing cloth will discourage tarnishing. When storing jewellery, do not mix gold and silver, separate the metals by compartments. Guard your medical ID when using household cleaners, especially those containing ammonia or chlorine. Heavy physical activity may make your medical ID vulnerable to scratching. Consider wearing a stainless steel medical ID bracelet or necklace while outdoors. Bracelets: Plates are rhodium coated which helps protect your medical ID from scratching. Chains are not rhodium coated. *Please note charm bracelets and the Odyssey Collection pieces are not rhodium coated, therefore may require more frequent cleaning. Necklaces: Are not rhodium coated. This includes the neck charm and chain.